Thursday 31 May 2012

35 1/2 weeks!

This weekend was super busy, so I'm just getting around to doing my 35 weeks post now!
Saturday I worked all day and then had my good friend Joyce's bday party to go to. It was bowling and I actually had a great time! I'm not going to lie, it was slightly challenging...everytime I got up to take my turn I would get a BH contraction! I mostly bowled between my legs (not that this is really out of the ordinary, I have noticed the last few times i have gone, I actually suck less this way) but I actually kicked everyone on my teams ass. Hah!  Who would have thought! I should bowl pregnant more often!
I have found that I have been a little less sociable while being pregnant.  Especially if it's going out with people I don't know that well (don't always have the energy to converse) or where we just sit at some pub and I watch others order drinks.  Anyway, I realized part of the reason I think I had more fun was that it was an activity that was different and it didn't involve just sitting there.  I can only sit for so long (lying down is better). Even the movie chairs start to hurt my back after awhile. It could have also had something to do with the fact that they had deep fried pickles there. Sounds gross, but OMG I think i have found a new favorite.

Sunday I had my baby shower!  My sister was in town and was able to make it, and that made it even  more awesome.  Everyone was so generous, and I feel like I am pretty prepared with all of the things I received!  Sunday night after my shower Marc and I went out for dinner for our one year anniversary!  (our actual anniversary was the next day). We went to our favorite restaurant called Segovia, which is this really cool Spanish fusion tapas place.  They are always switching up the menu so there are always new things to try, and I love how every thing is meant to share....you get to try so many more dishes that way! Halfway through the meal I realized I had not taken any pictures of the food. Oh well.  Probably a sign that it was good if I was to busy eating :)

Monday I went out with my mom and picked up a few things that we needed for baby, such as a car seat, pack and play, bath etc. Later on that night Marc and I went to see "What To Expect When You're Expecting."  I thought it was just ok, but he actually liked it a lot more than I did!

So now I am on my last week of work. 3 days left! I can definitely say that I am ready to have this break before the baby. Being on my feet has been getting increasingly difficult at work. Also, I sometimes hit clients with my belly and it gets in the way when I shampoo people.  It has been hard giving up my clients, but I have spent the last month training our new girl who we hired to replace me, and just have to trust that she will do her best to take care of them while I am gone.  I'm ready to be done.



How far along?   35 1/2 weeks

Total weight gain? 24 Lbs

Maternity clothes? Pretty much

Stretch marks? No

Sleep? Um, yeah. Not great. Rolling over is a challenge and I am back to getting up twice a night to pee.

Best moment this week? Lots! My shower, my anniversary!

Miss anything? Being able to sit comfortably

Movement? Lots of kicks in my sides, and when baby moves in general it just feels harder and with more pressure, like there is less cushioning

Food cravings? Ice cream sandwiches, Juicy fruity things

Food aversions? Nope

Labor signs? Lots of Bh's and a bit of mild cramping, but I think it is still too early to mean anything significant


Symptoms? Lots of lower pressure now, sometimes in my pelvis and the muscles and ligaments that connect my legs to my pelvic area. Increase in the peeing, back pain. 


Belly button in or out? Kinda flat


Wedding rings on or off? On


Looking forward to?  Being off work!



<

No comments:

Post a Comment